Firefox and Thunderbird duplicated files

Andrew Benton andy at benton987.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 13:23:46 PDT 2004

Jonathan Lee wrote:

> It was my understanding that Mozilla was eventually going to
> be dropped and that Firefox/Thunderbird was the way the developers were
> going with it. Of course, that could be entirely wrong...

I think that was the plan of some of the developers. But as long as
there are people who want to maintain Mozilla they'll probably keep
going the way they are. If you read the current development roadmap
http://www.mozilla.org/roadmap.html point 2 says they intend to maintain
seamonkey (that's the Mozilla suite) as it "remains an important product
for many customers"