postgresql-7.4.5 does not detect DocBook SGML DTD-3.1 properly

John Gay johngay at eircom.net
Wed Oct 13 13:06:32 PDT 2004

On Wed 13 Oct 2004 17:43, Randy McMurchy wrote:
> Nico R. wrote:
> > After running configure for postgresql-7.4.5 (yes, I know it's not yet
> > in the book, but this may be reproducible with 7.4.3 also), I get the
> > following in config.log:
> >
> > [snip output from the damn OpenSP declaration problem]
> >
> > Well, I don't understand what's going on here. Does anyone else?
>
> Yes. I'm very familiar with this. The OpenSP declarations in the
> system SGML catalogs cause this. I think we should dump the OpenSP
> declarations, but I've asked 3 times on the list and not one person
> has agreed (or disagreed), so I've been hesitant to dump them.

Sounds to me like you're the person who should know. I know nothing about
OpenSP, and it seems that few others are interested enough to comment when
you asked before.

I would suggest going ahead and dump them, but not too far (-; If no one
misses them, great. Otherwise, it's not too difficult to put them back.

Cheers,

	John Gay