problems copy files with NFS

Rob van Dam r_vandam at hotpop.com
Wed Oct 13 13:50:21 PDT 2004

Hello,

I have some problems with Nfs. I have computer A as nfs server. Computer
A has two shared directories. One dir has only a few files, and the
other a huge amount of files (10k). This directory is used for a
grabbing device to put a jpg file in every 2 seconds.

Computer B is the client.

The problem is that with B I can't copy jpg files from A to B. The cp
command hangs (even when I try to copy a single file), and there is no
way to interrupt this. From the other dir I can copy, read and write. I
can also write to the directory where the jpg's are stored. Only not
copy or move.

What can be the problem?

Rob