postgresql-7.4.5 does not detect DocBook SGML DTD-3.1 properly

Randy McMurchy randy at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Oct 13 10:43:34 PDT 2004

Nico R. wrote:

> After running configure for postgresql-7.4.5 (yes, I know it's not yet
> in the book, but this may be reproducible with 7.4.3 also), I get the
> following in config.log:
>
> [snip output from the damn OpenSP declaration problem]
>
> Well, I don't understand what's going on here. Does anyone else?

Yes. I'm very familiar with this. The OpenSP declarations in the
system SGML catalogs cause this. I think we should dump the OpenSP
declarations, but I've asked 3 times on the list and not one person
has agreed (or disagreed), so I've been hesitant to dump them.

The solution is outlined on the DocBook-utils page.

--
Randy