Mozilla 1.6 crashes

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 11 18:22:55 PDT 2004

Andrew Benton wrote:
> AaronL wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running Mozilla 1.6 under LFS5.1 and BLFS5.1.  Mozilla crashes
>> when I visit www.sis.com and click on the "Products", "Support &
>> Download", etc tabs in the webpage.  Is anyone running Mozilla?  Do
>> you mind visiting www.sis.com to see if your browser crashes?
>

> Works for me (no crash) with Firefox
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8a5) Gecko/20041010
> Firefox/0.9.1+

No problems here.  Without the necessary information, I can only make
assumtions at the problem.  Site uses java script so that's probably the
first place to look.

_Assuming_ both are self compiled, try the binary versions first.  Drop
back to the binary j2sdk.  If this works, recompile j2sdk without
optimizations.  If not, try binary mozzy with your compiled j2sdk...then
with the binary plugin.  If all that fails, then I have no idea.  But
first I'd try and give a bit more info on the problem to see if anyone
else has a better idea.

-- DJ Lucas