Cups isnt working :(

Steven C. exvor at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 12:10:21 PDT 2004

--- Miguel Bazdresch <lfs-01 at thewizardstower.org>
wrote:

> * Steven C. <exvor at yahoo.com> [2004-10-09 17:37]:
> > Cups just sucks all around.  Its not free anymore
> and
> > there is a small database of printer drivers. Only
> > time i liked cups was with an actual distro that
> had
> > all the printer drivers. I dont have a printer any
> > more but when I did I was always trying to find an
> > open sorce solution.
>
> What are you talking about?
>
> http://cups.org/faq.php?3
>
> Cups doesn't suck at all.
>
> --
> Miguel Bazdresch
> http://thewizardstower.org/
> --

this is what im talking about
cups comes with very limited free drivers for printers
so you have to ither go find one or pay for one.

"ESP Print Pro
The CUPS distribution only provides sample drivers for
Dymo, Epson, HP, and Okidata printers. If you need
drivers for other printers, or want commercial-
quality printer drivers, please visit our ESP Print
Pro page for information on our commercial printing
solutions. ESP Print Pro supports thousands of
printers and includes graphical interfaces to CUPS. "