Dependency issue Moz-1.7.2

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Sat Oct 9 05:04:39 PDT 2004

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 08:05:10PM +0200, Uli Fahrenberg enlightened us thusly
> Declan Moriarty, Oct 8, 15:54 +0100:
>
> >I have the BINARY of moz-1.7.2 here running on lfs-3.3
>
> >The console of X (Version 4.2.0) keeps announcing
> >
> >Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkSuperWin' to `GtkWidget'
> >
> >Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkSuperWin' to `GtkWidget'
> >
> >Nothing barfs or falls over, but it is trying to get something accross.
> >I am convinced it's coming from Moz.
>
> I get these constantly, too, and I never bothered.
>
> On Fedora, they seem to start mozilla with
>
> 	2>/dev/null >/dev/null
>
> I find this quite brutal (is this an english word?), but it *is* of
> course a solution.

Yes, brutal is an English word. It implies violent force in the
treatment (of whatever is treated brutally). One of the smartalec
formulas for solving anything includes the term 'BF + I'
This of course is Brute Force and Ignorance.

--

	With Best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.