the patches are nowhere on the lfs site

Michael Brown michael at chatterwaul.com
Wed Oct 6 14:54:59 PDT 2004

> Don't know what you're talking about.  I haven't had trouble finding a
> patch at all anywhere.
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads

Surely this has been addressed before and I missed the conversation, but
when you try to access a patch from a BLFS package page, you get a 404.
For example, ALSA Utilities 1.0.4 has an arecord patch. If you follow the
link to this patch

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/blfs/5.1/alsa-utils-1.0.4-arecord-1.patch

from the ALSA Utilities page here

http://lfs.crash404.com/blfs/view/stable/multimedia/alsa-utils.html

you get the 404. This is the same for all the blfs patches I've tried
accessing.

Because I'm slow, it took me a full day to figure out that ALL the patches
have been moved to one main directory listed above. You wouldn't know that
from trying to access the patch from the package page, though. At least I
didn't.

[ michaelbrown ]