The Postfix 'bounce' program

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Tue Oct 5 03:22:14 PDT 2004

In farting about with my mail setup, I discovered the postfix bounce
program. No documentation AFAICT. The problem appears to be that
everyone presumes I am intimately acquainted with sendmail, and I never
went there because I have it on good authority that it is a large
collection of root-owned security problems.

bounce --version
bounce --help
bounce
man bounce
Grepping the source to read anything relevant
(~/README_FILES/FILTER_README, ~/html/bounce.8.html) reveal nothing on
it's exact usage
even the absolute last resort
info bounce
All return nothing, although info, of course, returns a 'help' page.
I read main.cf parameters are important. Mine are from the mail hint,
with one or two deletions as I don't have the circus that it sets up.

All I want is to be able to use it cat <odd message> |bounce <options
and arguments> or whatever. Can it be done from procmail? I am aware of
the evils of bouncing all spam. But I would like to be able bounce
certain things without opening them in mutt.

/Thinks: even  qmail was easier than this to get info on...

Any references welcome.
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.