how do you setup svn for anon web access?

Declan Moriarty declan.moriarty at ntlworld.ie
Fri Oct 1 01:32:00 PDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 11:33:30PM -0400, Gregory Davis enlightened us thusly
> I've gone through the BLFS instructions on setting up a SVN server with
> svnserve, and it all works well.  But then I had this idea for anonymous
> web browsing, and followed the guide on svnbook.red-bean.com, but without
> success.  I got errors in my apache logs about no permission to /path/to
> repos/repos/db.  So I added the apache user to the group associated with
> the offending repository.  That didn't work, because... I don't know why
> but here is the (vague) error:
>
> [Thu Sep 30 22:59:31 2004] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] Could not fetch
> resource information.  [301, #0]
> [Thu Sep 30 22:59:31 2004] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] (17)File exists:
> Requests for a collection must have a trailing slash on the URI.  [301, #0]
>
> Does anyone know how to get a working svn repository, and working apache
> server to play nicely?
>

>From watching the woes of others, I can point out that this kind of
thing is best approached when compiling at the configure stage.

Often you have to make decisions (to suid or not to suid, system-wide or
individual user setups etc.) which affect the functionality.
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.