Update: ppp-2.4.2

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Sun Feb 29 20:18:48 PST 2004

Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> Forwarded to blfs-support, please follow up there...
>
> Once upon a time (on Sunday 29 February 2004 20:36), Yann E. MORIN wrote :
>  > I'm currently testing ppp-cvs with libpcap 0.8.1. More news later on...
>
> Still no luck, still ending with:
> ----
> $ tail /var/log/sys.log
> [---irrelevant stuff snipped out---]
> Plugin pppoe.so loaded.

The plugin is actually "rp-pppoe.so" but that message could be left over
from a previous version.

> RP-PPPoE plugin version 3.3 compiled against pppd 2.4.2
> pppd 2.4.2 started by root, uid 0
> send (sendPacket)
> ---

<Snip>

> Then the last line in the log became:
> ---
> YEM: send (sendPacket) : errno=100 (Network is down)
> ---

eth0 a module, and if so, did you modprobe it first?  Try actually
giving it an if-up and if-down first maybe also.

> Next things on list of things to try:
>  - use nameif to invert eth0 and eth1
>  - physically invert LAN <-> ADSL
>  - anyother idea?

Is it by chance still looking at the old plugin?  Plugin dir is
/usr/lib/pppd/2.4.2/ as opposed to the old /etc/ppp/plugins/.

-- DJ