Digital Camera Drivers

Declan Moriarty declan.moriartyt at ntlworld.ie
Sun Feb 29 09:34:48 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 28, 2004 at 06:45:15PM +0100, Guenter Hopf enlightened us thusly
> hi,
> things worth looking at would be
>
> http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/linux/digicam.html
> http://www.gphoto.org/
> and the USB mass storage driver.
>
> on a side note: for the web cam see http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/
>
> cheers,
> guenter

A quick look around revealed that gphoto does not have support for my
cameras, and that doc on teaser.fr says I should be able to get away
with basic stuff in the kernel.

I feel a kernel rebuild coming on. Thanks to all who responded. I might
then be able to dump photos on disk. The rest is up to gimp.

With the webcam, FYI, I got past recognizing it. I had built a module
for it, and it was the interfacing software layer that held me back.
When you don't read or write code, you have to stay off the bleeding
edge, or you annoy yourself.

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.