marc brady mbrady4 at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 29 07:26:47 PST 2004

yes your correct but I forgot considering I always use initrd image.You
could create a file in /etc directory called modules and add the
ide-scsi to it and then add this script to the correct run level directory

#!/bin/sh
if [ -f /etc/modules ]; then
    while read MODULES; do
       /sbin/modprobe $MODULES
    done < /etc/modules
fi

make it executable and name it like

S30modules

then on boot any module listed in the /etc/modules file will get loaded
automatically

that will help
marc