Digital Camera Drivers

Declan Moriarty declan.moriartyt at ntlworld.ie
Sat Feb 28 08:47:06 PST 2004

I have recently invested in a fancy digital camera for family mugshots,
etc. The software caters for Macs and all versions of windoze, and is
the typical windows thing: Its is made to have 17 interdependent parts
(of which I installed about 7), tries to use IE as a front end viewer
(but only finds Mozilla :-D), and generally does everything you never
want to do but not the things you do want to do.

It doesn't matter, because it has installed the camera as a removable
drive, and it can be read by paint shop pro (File/Open). 99% of what
they installed was (explative deleted).

Will Install Needless Data On Whole Disk. It still does :-/.

How do I get it going in Linux? I actually _can_ see my usb devices,
but never got beyond that. I don't even have the nodes, apparently.
/dev/usb is empty
--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.