LFS Install CD

luis jure ljure at multitel.com.uy
Thu Feb 26 17:08:48 PST 2004

el Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:08:41 -0300 (BRT)
"Alexandre Garrefa" <alex.garrefa at spd.com.br> escribió:

> Hello all. I have just installed LFS-5.1pre1 and the idea of having a
> system where everything is rulled by me is great. I cant wait to use it as
> my host system, with all the stuffs i need but i got a problem. I worked
> hard to build it 2 times in a weak and i really dont want to do it again.
> So im thinking how can i make the process to be automatic. Have some of
> you guys done this?

my two suggestions would be:

1 - try ALFS (automated LFS)
http://lfsmirror.lfs-es.org/alfs/news.html

2 - search the mailing list, this has been discussed many times in the past.

> Im that kind of guy that install a lot of test things
> and because of that i have to reinstall my system all the times.
> I think ill make an image of my LFS partition and put it on cd, so if i
> need to reinstall my system i can just write the image to the partition
> again but im not sure if it will work. Have some of you done this before?
> What software can i use to generate the image?

search the hints, i think these three are pertinent to your question:

bootlfscd.txt
boot-cd_easy.txt
bootcd.txt