Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Thu Feb 26 07:18:01 PST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:25:48 -0600
Kevin Alm <kevinalm at shenessex.heartland.net> wrote:

Thanks for the tips, Kevin.

<snip>
> Using ide-scsi as a module is problematic without an initrd. The
> hd?=ide-scsi kernel append doesn't work because at that point the
> /lib/modules/<version> tree isn't available.

My cdrom is an IDE-ATAPI device. My understanding of the reason for
using hd?=ide-scsi as a boot option is to claim hd? as an ide-scsi
device and therefore prevent it from being claimed by the ide driver.

<snip>

--
"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,