Can't compile aRts-1.2.10

Gregory Davis gregdavis at ieee.org
Wed Feb 25 17:45:06 PST 2004

Thomas Paricaud wrote:

> David Jensen wrote:
>
>> libXrender.so is in /usr/lib ? what does it point to:
>> ]#ls -la /usr/lib/libXrend*
>>
>> Mine is in /usr/X11R6/lib
>> you may need to reinstall X, and delete duplicate libs and links
>> from /usr/lib. excepting those in the instructions. then ]#ldconfig
>

> You was right X was bad installed so I recompiled and reinstalled it
> correctly but I get always the same error.
>
> Thank you again for your help
> Thomas

Type "ldd /path/to/libqt-mt.so" and tell us what it shows.  There should be
a line about the relocation of the Xrendr library like:
libXrender.so.1 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXrender.so.1 (0x409db000).
Check and make sure it is valid.

As an aside, I had some funny errors trying to compile kde 3.2 and qt 3.3
that resolved themselves by regressing to qt 3.2.

Greg