wvdial, pppd and pap/chap

DJ Lucas dj at lucasit.com
Tue Feb 24 21:55:26 PST 2004

Christian H. Kuhn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've installed pppd, wvstreams and wvdial. wvdail is able to dial and
> connecting. Then it waits, tells me it doesn't know what to do and
> starts pppd.

wvdial?  Lost my attention already.  I have a real easy dialer setup
I've used for quit a while now, PPPSetup-2.28.  It's no longer
maintained but it still works well.  I can't remember who on this list
suggested it to me first but it does work...and very simple to setup and
use.

ftp://ftp.dnttm.ro/.disk/disk1/tucows-linux/files/pppsetup-2.28.tar.gz

Maybe that'll be helpful.

-- DJ