wvdial, pppd and pap/chap

Christian H. Kuhn official at qno.de
Tue Feb 24 03:02:54 PST 2004

Hi all,

I've installed pppd, wvstreams and wvdial. wvdail is able to dial and
connecting. Then it waits, tells me it doesn't know what to do and
starts pppd.

pppd logs (debug option) first one pap authentification try, which is
rejected, and then LOTS of chap authentification tries, but all
rejected. It's not astonishing, because /etc/ppp/pap-secrets and
/etc/ppp/chapsecrets are empty. If i understand some docu right,
wvdial should be able to write those files, but it leaves them
untouched.

Any hints?

TIA
Chris