mail delivery errors

ilja ilja.siera at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Feb 24 02:34:21 PST 2004

Hi,

I'm running a local mailserver that fetches mail from an external mailbox
(using fetchmail) and delivers it to the local users (postfix). It works
fine, except for mail from mailing lists (such as lfs and blfs support)
which is all forwarded to the postmaster. I'm running fetchmail and postfix
with maximum logging option in order to debug and trace the problem but it
still is unclear is it is fetchmail or postfix who is responsible for the
unrecognised header. I read somewhere that a special measure has to be taken
in order for fetchmail to properly recognise headers generated with qmail,
but I can't recall where I read it and what to do. I don't even know if
that's the issue.
Is there anybody who knows how to solve this?

Regards,

Ilja