XFree86 installation error

Tushar Teredesai tushar at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 23 15:08:38 PST 2004

Dagmar d'Surreal wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 09:17, Sebastiano wrote:
>

>>Ok, I'm examining my compile log, but it's 2600 pages long and 8MB! I have
>>found (on page 1048 :-) this piece of log:
>>
>>In file included from xftcfg.c:28:
>>xftint.h:29:35: fontconfig/fontconfig.h: No such file or directory
>>In file included from XftFreetype.h:28,
>>

>Page 1048.  =)
>
>Now... Is there any doubt left as to why XFree86, unlike the rest of the
>packages, has a log file created when it builds?  *nudge*tushar*nudge*
>
>(I didn't think this would take more than a week to happen to someone)

The build should have stopped when it encountered the error. Why did it
continue till the end? Seems like the WORLDOPTS flag is not doing its job.

The book uses
WORLDOPTS="" make
IMO, the correct one is
make WORLDOPTS=""

If the build stops when it encounters the error there is no need for a
log since the error is right there on the console.