tar for rpm? [Logrotate]

Jeff Harris jharris at rallycentral.us
Mon Feb 23 11:12:01 PST 2004

On Feb 22, 2004, "blfs-support-bounces at linuxfromscratch.org" claimed that:

|I want to install logrotate on my LFS system, but I can only seem to find
|it in RPM format. I've used rpm before, no problem, but... I can't seem
|to find tar'd source code for rpm itself, all the sites I've checked have
|it as an rpm itself.
|[SNIP]
|- Mark

If you're only looking for a logrotate, and don't really need to add rpm,
I found a logrotate shell script that seems to work pretty well for my
needs. The "missing logrotate" seems to be a FAQ that doesn't have a
common answer. Maybe a smattering of answers can be added to one of the
books.

The script I found is at http://iain.cx/src/logrotate/logrotate

--
Registered Linux user #304026.   |  52FC 20BD 025A 8C13 5FC6
gpg key: B0890FED                |  68C6 9CF9 46C2 B089 0FED