XFree86 installation error

Andre Müller andre.muller at web.de
Mon Feb 23 09:59:25 PST 2004

if you have this flag, it tells the compiler that you have
freetype already installed.

which is what the book suggests, but is not necessary.
you can definitely leave out that flag and see if
xfree builds its freetype (which may be a little older)

but giving that flag and not having it installed
type in verbatim:
whereis freetype

if the command does not give you the locations, it's not there
to be found. so compile without that flag.
or install the package and try again.

as it is, after either omitting the flag or installing freetype
the error should be fixed.

so long and good luck,

andre