XFree86 installation error

Andre Müller andre.muller at web.de
Mon Feb 23 08:43:36 PST 2004

okay so far...
the log IS that long...

so if this is the first error, i'd check for the freetype installation
(did you install freetype2 separately; does whereis show its locations,
does the host.def say #define HasFreetype ? it should if you have, or
not if not :-)

maybe leave the hasfreetype flag out of your config altogether?
i got rid of my rather stupid error (tabs in host.def) by finding
out that it compiled without any host.def altogether, and then
reintroduced my flags by and by. it's a rather lengthy process,
admittedly, but as your error pops up in midway, you can as well look
at the log after half the time. (and you might think about using
less or so instead of some page formatting too big too slow thing
for these things. it can search real fast and can update on files
being written.)

hope it helps, i'm not a wizard myself...

best,

andre