artsd 1.2.0 and non-kde apps

Matthew Burgess matthew at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 22 14:53:14 PST 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:56:13 +1300
Simon Geard <delgarde at ihug.co.nz> wrote:

> Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
> > Warning - I tried the gtk2 port a while back and it promptly crashed
> > everytime it attempted to fetch mail or retrieve newsgroup postings
> > - not really a very good situation for a *mail* client to get itself
> > into!
>
> How long ago was that? Did it actually result in loss of mail, or just
> the annoyance value?

No, I never lost any mail, largely due to the fact that it simply
couldn't download or upload anything as it crashed so quickly!  I can't
remember exactly when this was or what snapshot date the tarball had on
it, but it would've been some time around Christmas.  I see they've got
a more recent tarball available now, but I'd rather hear success stories
"from the field" before I try it again.

Cheers,

Matt.