bug in kernel 2.6.3?

kundor at chade.STUDENT.cwru.edu kundor at chade.STUDENT.cwru.edu
Sun Feb 22 08:47:19 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 08:53:24PM +0100, Rob van Dam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have updated from kernel 2.6.2 to 2.6.3, with exact the same options.
> My system showed some strange behaviour, like a total freeze (I had to
> do a hard reset) after starting the Kde cd player. I'm still using scsi
> emulation for cd-burning. My kern.log showed this:
>
> Feb 22 12:22:49 lfs kernel: ide-scsi: The scsi wants to send us more
> data than expected - discarding data
> Feb 22 12:23:20 lfs last message repeated 53690 times
> Feb 22 12:23:49 lfs last message repeated 52106 times
>
> After downgrading to 2.6.2 everything is back to normal.
>
> Anyone else the same expirience?
>
> Rob

As I understand, the 2.6 series wants us to stop using ide-scsi for cd-burning, as the native ata drivers can now do it with dma support and thus good speed.  So you could try that.
I could be wrong though.

Nick