still trying to get kernel pppoe to work

Alexander E. Patrakov semzx at was.at.newmail.ru
Sat Feb 21 21:12:29 PST 2004

Tom Haller wrote:

>   *** Oops.  I cannot figure out what version of pppd you have.
>   *** All I got back was 'loaded.
>   2.4.2
>   2.4.2'
>   *** I will keep going, but it may not work.

Known bug: ppp-2.4.2 prints some messages twice.

Another bug: if you kill pppd before the chat script terminates, it will go
into infinite loop printing "Killed by signal 15, terminating" over and
over again.

Both bugs are not present in ppp-2.4.1.

I don't know the fix, and I think we must warn the readers of the book.
Those who hate those bugs too much must stay with ppp-2.4.1.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov