DNS resolving

Declan Moriarty declan.moriartyt at ntlworld.ie
Sat Feb 21 04:52:16 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 12:16:48PM +0100, Meher Khiari enlightened us thusly
> Hi
> I installed wvdial on my shiny new LFS box, ppp and lynx to just browse
> in text mode while I am in my lfs box.
> All is ok, but I can't resolve any domain name !!!
> I tested with a ping to some known ip adresses and they successfully
> respond. It is then a secondary program that I need to have to resolve
> those DN.
> What is it ?
> bye
No. That should be looked after by the files /etc/hosts, /etc/host.conf,
and /etc/resolv.conf. Have you gone through the BLFS book on networking?
I doubt it somehow. You can also find uinstruction from section 10 of
the PPP howto. Everybody should suffer that once in their lives, IMHO

--

	With best Regards,

	Declan Moriarty.