artsd 1.2.0 and non-kde apps

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 14:50:42 PST 2004

Albert wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:57:25 +1300
>Simon Geard <delgarde at ihug.co.nz> wrote:
><snip>
>

>>On my particular system, the only thing I still need gtk1 for is the
>>Sylpheed mail client, which appears to have little interest in making
>>the move to gtk2.
>>

><snip>
>I too had hoped to leave gtk1 behind, but couldn't find a good
>replacement for sylpheed nor for scite.

I have moved to a complete gtk2 based system (though I do have the
runtime libs around for flash player). My philosophy is simple, if the
apps needs gtk1, look for a replacement :) After all its been more than
18 months (and more if you consider when the development releases
started) since gtk2 was released!

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org