gcc error while compiling XFree86-4.3.1

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Thu Feb 19 05:18:37 PST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Andre Müller wrote:

> so, the problem remains.
>
> on pondering about that i thought
> that the bunch of %somethings in
> the commandline may be something that
> might ought to better be expanded.

 OK, I've gone back and looked at my XFree logs on this machine, which
is a Celeron (PIII) using approximately lfs-4.1 (X is probably vanilla
4.3.0).  All of the % stuff seems to be there (totally unreadable, so it
might differ, but probably ok).

 I note that you had -march=pentium2.  Mine was  -march=i686.  Might be
worth trying that.  I spent a lot of time early last year trying to tune
my C options for X 4.3.0 on a K6-2. Many apparently legal combinations
of -march, -mcpu, -O{s,2,3} caused the builds to fail. The X build
system can be capricious.

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league