artsd 1.2.0 and non-kde apps

Simon Geard delgarde at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 19 01:57:25 PST 2004

Gregory Davis wrote:

> I tried it, it works.  The arts plugin is in a separate package which
> doesnt completely build (fails on a linking error), but can be built
> by going to the appropriate directory in the source and building
> there.  What is left in BLFS or any LFS derivate that still uses gtk1?
>
> Greg

On my particular system, the only thing I still need gtk1 for is the
Sylpheed mail client, which appears to have little interest in making
the move to gtk2.

On the other hand, I've just done a search that's turned up a
sylpheed-gtk2 project, which like Beep, appears to be a port to gtk2
independent of the original developer. I'm just downloading it now - if
that works well, my next LFS/BLFS build can abandon gtk1 completely.

Simon.