PPP woes

dale dale1957 at kong.worldramp.net
Wed Feb 18 20:35:31 PST 2004

Hello John,

I also have had problems with PPP,

1. do you have a  /etc/wvdial.conf   file ?
is it setup ok?

2. in your /etc/group  file do you have a line
that looks like this...

dialout:x:10:root,users

3. when you start your computer and logon
and you do a   dmesg | less,
do you see a line like this

Starting internet superserver...
( /usr/sbin/inetd )

The only really good automatic ppp configuration
program, that I have found that works - for me
is "pppconfig",  but that is in the Debian distrobution.