LPRng

Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Wed Feb 18 11:24:03 PST 2004

<rant> I HATE installing printers. </rant>

Sorry if this is OT.  The LPRng mail list is inactive.  Perhaps someone
can point me to a solution.  I have installed LPRng, ghostscript,
psutils and a2ps per the BLFS book.  Also, LPRngTool, ifhp, and
ImageMagick. I can print text OK, but any attempt to print postscript
yields:

Conversion failed for type ''
Using '/usr/bin/gs -dSAFER -dPARANOIDSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -q
'-gOutputFile-/dev/fd/3' 3>&1 1>&2 -gPAPERSIZE=letter -gDEVICE=djet500
dfA127lfs.mydomain.com'
Error: 'Filter_file: converter exited with status 'exit status 1''

And I haven't a clue what to do next.  Below is my printcap if that
helps.
# /etc/printcap
#
# This printer configuration file was created with lprngtool Version
# 1.3.2 Any changes made here manually may be lost if lprngtool
# is run later on.
#
# It is NOT advisable to modify this file by hand.  To add, modify, or
# remove printers, please use 'lprngtool' to avoid corruption.

##LPRNGTOOL## QUEUE
.common
:mc=0
:mx=0