artsd 1.2.0 and non-kde apps

Tushar Teredesai linux_from_scratch at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 09:42:51 PST 2004

Simon Geard wrote:

>Ah. In that case, have you tried Beep (http://beepmp.sourceforge.net)?
>It's basically xmms, but ported to gtk2. I've just installed it myself,
>aiming to eliminate gtk1 from my system completely - seems to work
>nicely enough.

Yep, and it also seems to be compatible with xmms. I installed it and
then made the following compatibility links:

    ln -sf beep-config /usr/bin/xmms-config
    ln -sf libbeep.so /usr/lib/libxmms.so
    ln -sf libbeep.so.1 /usr/lib/libxmms.so.1

(The last one is for mplayer since it [incorrectly] checks for
libxmms.so.1 instead of libxmms.so.)

--
Tushar Teredesai
  mailto:tushar at linuxfromscratch.org