ALSA does't work

Patrick Schleicher seawood at team-gamestar.de
Tue Feb 17 10:22:20 PST 2004

Hello NG,

I installed and configured ALSA (version 1.0.2) as it is shown in
Chapter 41. I'm of the opinion that ALSA successfully found and
configured my soundcard (Creative Soundblaster Live!), because I never
received an error message from ALSA. Additionally I get the following
message from the kernel during the boot process:

Starting ALSA ...					[OK]
PCI: Found IRQ 12 for device 02:0a.0			[OK]
PCI: Sharing IRQ 12 with 00:1f.2			[OK]

These messages don't look like an error :) Nevertheless I hear nothing!
I already executed alsamixer and put my 'Master Volume' at 100%. Still
hearing nothing... Neither in KDE 3.2 (with aRts) nor without it.

Please help...

greets

Patrick

(Rich Cook)