artsd 1.2.0 and non-kde apps

Gregory Davis gregdavis at ieee.org
Mon Feb 16 07:57:29 PST 2004

Hi.  It seems that programs are not working properly with artsd in KDE 3.2.
Specifically, I am getting hangs from xmms when using any artsd output
plugins, or when using OSS output plugins with artsdsp.  If I use alsa
output plugin without artsdsp, I get sound from xmms, but no scheduling
(i.e. when the xmms song is done, I hear a queue of all boings, bonks and
chimes that occurred since xmms started playing).  WTF this is annoying.
Does anyone know a way around this?  I want to keep artsd for the
scheduling feature.

Greg