KDE 3.2 Anti-Aliasing problems?

Ainsley Pereira blfs-support at pebble.org.uk
Sun Feb 15 01:57:43 PST 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 11:33:03PM -0800, Durk van Veen wrote:
> Is anyone else having issues with font anti-aliasing since upgrading to the
> newest KDE? For me things started to go wrong as soon as I compiled QT
> 3.3.0 and replaced the version I used to run with it, even before having
> compiled any of the packages in KDE itself.

I haven't compiled with the 3.3.0 release yet, but on the beta they had
a particularly stupid freetype check which caused it not to antialias
for me.
What they'd done was check for freetype > 2.0.9 by checking *each digit
individually* was greater/equal, so 2.1.5 isn't later than 2.0.9
according to them, because 5 isn't >= 9. Duh.

Just delete config.tests/x11/xfreetype.test and it'll assume you have
it.

Hope that helps,
Ainsley