w3m slow to connect to website

eklirmr at wanadoo.fr eklirmr at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 14 03:01:08 PST 2004

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 12:54:11 -0500, Bill's LFS Login wrote:

> My first guess would be a DNS problem. Have you got your
> /etc/resolv.conf essentially like the Debian one?

root:/mnt/knoppix/etc/dhcpc# cat resolv.conf [Debian]
nameserver 193.252.19.3
nameserver 193.252.19.4

root:/mnt/knoppix/etc/dhcpc# cat /etc/resolv.conf [LFS]
# Begin /etc/resolv.conf

domain          wanadoo.fr
nameserver      192.168.1.1
nameserver      193.252.19.3
nameserver      193.252.19.4

# End /etc/resolv.confroot

192.168.1.1 is the ADSL router.  The helpful men from France Telecom
who installed ADSL also configured my Windows box, and they put that
information in the Network configuration, so I did the same in Linux -
maybe I was wrong.

> Are you activiting a
> caching nameserver locally (I expect the Debian one does?).

Er - no idea.  Not on my computer as far as I know.  Could the router
do that?

> Do you have
> the correct IPs for your ISP's nameservers?

Yes (see above).

I'll comment out the first two lies of my resolv.conf and see what
happens.

Thanks Bill.

Paul

--