LFS 5.0 - pkgconfig-0.15.0 - PKG_CONFIG_PATH

Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Thu Feb 12 18:27:45 PST 2004

Tushar Teredesai wrote:
<snip>
> When writing the (still incomplete) package management section in the
> book, I went thru all the symlink style pkg-manager links in the FAQ
> and I was surprised that none of them mention the problems with using
> the second command instead of the first.

I would like to recommend a program not currently in the FAQ, _spill_.
It is somewhat minimalist, which I like, is easy to use and under
active development.  The author tells me that a newer version is due
out soon with enhanced conflict resolution.  It's a simple small C
program.

http://www.rc0.org.uk/spill

I was cautious about _relink_ after I tried to install it and there were
no clear installation instructions.  I emailed the author and never
received a reply.

--
"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,