problem with ethernet card

dienadel no at use.this.es
Thu Feb 12 11:39:24 PST 2004

Hi,

I can't connect to my ISP by DHCP, using the ethernet card connected to
a cablemodem. After a lot of things, i decided to install a RH 8.0.
During install, it correctly detected eth0 (Realtek RTL 8139) and
configured it to use DHCP. But, starting RH, failed traying to connect
to the ISP. I tried it with knoppix, and the same. AH! the guy who came
this morning to install the cable in windows didn't can connect by
ethernet, and finally put it by USB (there isn't support for linux). I
was working, so i don't know anymore.

So i went to windows, and run the diagnosis software that came with the
card. All seems ok, except for the "on board diagnostics". It can be
started without external connection, but the cable modem was connected.
This is the output:

NODE ID: 00 0A CD 04 30 CD
NETWORK SPEED: 100 Mbps
I/O Base: DC00 H
Interrupt: 11
Full-duplex: Enabled
Cable connection: Connect

***************PASS COUNT***FAIL COUNT********
A.I/O Register....4562..........0.............
b.Loopback Test.....0.........4562............

NOTE: That number grows 20 times per second and is alwways the same,
above and below.

Finally, my question, is the ethernet card bad? is a hardware error?

This way, with a screenshot of the test, and yours opinions, i'll can
change it by another one.

Thanks

dienadel