"Remove"-value causes syntax error with loadkeys

Andre Müller andre.muller at web.de
Wed Feb 11 07:27:14 PST 2004

finally, for reference to others,

i think i should announce the solution to the problem of
the Del and End keys only issuing beeps and tildes instead
of doing their job:

i added key definitions to the ~/.inputrc file
(a copy of which may go to /etc/skel, of course)

"\e[3¨": delete-char
"\e[4~": end-of-line

i hope i got the names right, documentation is in
man 3 readline.
a remaining problem is that M-Del is not accepted.
it seems to be a problem with the two escapes at a
time (as Meta is Esc and the key is Esc plus [3~.
seems to be asked for too much. i got M-Esc to do
something by itself, though.

but i can live with that -- alt-d works as well.