re re startx won't

Jörg W Mittag Joerg.Mittag at Web.De
Tue Feb 10 06:16:15 PST 2004

cedric wrote:
>> To make it accessible to a dual boot windows you could either write to,
>> say, a DOS floppy, or if you have VFAT compiled in the kernel, just write
>> it to the windows partition.
> I want to take it a bit further than that, Is there some util out there that
> let me acces my ext3 partitions in windows? I would really like it if i just
> get an extra drive in explorer.

Sure. There's tools that let you access ext2/3 filesystems via an explorer
style or shell style interface as well as Windows filesystem drivers that
let you mount filesystems just like NTFS or (V)FAT(32). Try one or more of
explore2fs, ext2fsd, winext2fsd, ext2forxp, LTOOLS, ext2fsnt, EXT2IFS or
fsdext2. If none of those work, there's also some commercial alternatives
like Paragon Ext2FS Anywhere and others.

jwm
--
rpm-4.1% ./configure
checking the coffee machine... empty - operator may not work as expected