"Remove"-value causes syntax error with loadkeys

Andre Müller andre.muller at web.de
Tue Feb 10 06:04:02 PST 2004

this is meant to be the cancellation of this thread.
it´s my thread, after all.

the trouble with display giving a tilde and beeping when using the Del
or the End key is NOT a problem of the keymap, as i am now shure.

this strange thing happens in bash only -- in ed and cat it displays
^[[3~, which is what is to be expected, in emacs and vim it worked
anyway -- but i didn´t notice until yesterday that vim and so use these
same keymaps. (yes, i'm a lousy admin)

the syntax errors have gone away with recompiling and reinstalling
a few packages (kbd, ncurses, kernel). i don't know why, and i don't
quite bother, really. for now.

so, it has to be some problem with the bash or with readline, i guess.
i'll have to figure that out yet.

the endless OT about locales:
i found them on my debian system, all right, but in lfs, i've only got
the locale-archive. i even rerun the glibc- install-locale thing. it
runs all right, but does not enter these locales you mention (below).
is that trouble? i should think not, as my problem remains even with the
standard keymap and about all the others.

the del-key should not be an issue of local settings, i guess.

i'll keep on tracking the problem, but for now, i know quite a few
things which are not responsible.

thanx to all, nevertheless!

andre