re re startx won't

Tony Sequeira tony at sequeira.com
Tue Feb 10 01:16:11 PST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 00:21:49 -0800, "michael" wrote

Richard,thanks for answering,but unfortunately
removing the file did not solve the matter,the same message is still
there,oh
and i forgot to mention that there's additional information as to the
sudden
disappearance of xinit as well..so for the moment, heresy aside,windows
is
arranging things and i remain shocked and surprised :-).Further,i see
no reason
for this,since i'm quite certain not to have turned anything off
abruptly,it's
as impossible for me as going out without locking the door for
example.So
please,can you think of anything else to fish me out of this
pickle?Thanks,michael

Have you checked whether you are running out of space on your var
partition?  df -h will tell you.

Have you checked the p[ermissions of the XFree log files?
ls -lfh /var/log/XF* will tell you.

If it's not that I don't know.

--
Tony