LFS 5.0 - dhcpcd failing

Ainsley Pereira blfs-support at pebble.org.uk
Mon Feb 9 00:23:53 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 06:48:53PM -0600, Albert wrote:
> Ainsley Pereira wrote:
> <snip>
> > No, I have a broadcom 4401 (used to use the bcm4400.o module) in the
> > machine I'm using right now, and I definitely did not compile a
> > separate driver for it. The source is in the kernel in the file
> > drivers/net/b44.c (and .h).
>
> Well doggonit,  it sure as hell is there.  I wonder what I have to do to
> use it.  I suppose I need to learn how to build a modules.conf file?

Under code maturity options you'll need to get it to show experimental
code (I thought everyone always did this;) ), under network devices,
just compile it into the kernel <*> rather than <M>, then it'll Just
Work (TM). Or at least, It Does For Me.

FWIW, I don't have a modules.conf file at all. I just modprobe a couple
of modules from rc.d files. (But compile as much into the kernel as I
can, it's just stuff like the nvidia drivers that aren't.)

~Ainsley