LFS 5.0 - dhcpcd failing

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Sun Feb 8 12:17:10 PST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Albert wrote:

> Ken Moffat wrote:
> <snip>
> >  For 2.4 series, no need to upgrade or rebuild anything else when you
> > recompile a newer kernel.  Testing new kernels would be a pig if you
> > had to rebuild your LFS every time.
>
> Great!  Thank you, Ken.  I don't like using modules anyway.  Is there a
> good reason not to compile everything into the kernel except for
> limited memory?

 Beyond not wasting memory with a bloated kernel, and the option to
specify parms to modules (e.g. settings for sb16 - rmmod and retry until
it works), mainly the possibility that you will have to change things.
For a desktop or server, having extra nics as modules may be helpful.

 I seem to remember that in some situations usb-storage might have to be
removed before mounting a different device, but if true that is probably
a bug.

Ken
--
Brighton tops UK Jedi league