imPS/2 mouse under X-4.3.0.1 and linux-2.6.0

cedric cedric.de.wijs at softhome.net
Sat Feb 7 18:23:59 PST 2004

On Saturday 07 February 2004 22:48, Richard A Downing FBCS wrote:
> 1) don't start a new thread by replying to an old one and changing the
> subject. It ruins the threading for people with proper MTAs rather than
> Outlook clones.
>
> 2) try just waggling the mouse about for 20 seconds after X loads. The
> 2.6.x series kernels seem need this.  For me it the mouse starts up after
> about 10 seconds.  Dunno what's wrong, but this fixes it.  But YMMV.

My mouse moves instantly after i start X. I had the problem it took ages to
get the mouse moving (well, a few seconds). I told it what protocol my mouse
uses and all is well

X 4.3.0.1 ,linux-2.6.1, USB mouse

Here's the part from my X config as reference:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"
EndSection

CU, cedric

--
No microsoft products were used for this e-mail