LFS 5.0 - dhcpcd failing

Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Sun Feb 8 07:07:34 PST 2004

Allard Welter wrote:
<snip>
> There is another point I forgot about last night which I'd like to
> clear up. Yes you do need the includes for the currently running
> kernel, but more importantly, the driver you're compiling is a kernel
> module, so it will need access to the internal kernel headers. The
> headers in /usr/include are only a subset of the headers in the kernel
> source tree sufficient for user-space programs.
>
> apologies for the omission.

Please, no apologies.  Your post pointed me in the right direction.
BTW, the phrase "currently running kernel,"  I discovered, is critical.
Some really bizarre (to me) things happened when I tried this chrooted
from the host :-)  Thanks for your help.

--
"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,