Keyboard unresponsive after attempting to shutdown eth0 interface

Albert alwagner at tcac.net
Sat Feb 7 21:00:39 PST 2004

I have been having some trouble getting dhcpcd running(another thread)
so at shutdown I am getting:
--------------------------------------
Bringing down  eth0 interface              [FAILED]
/sbin/dhcpcd not running
<big red error message>
Press enter to continue...
However, the keyboard does not correctly respond to enter key, instead
printing ^M.  The system seems to be totally locked up.
Ctrl-alt-delete does not work and I must power down to reboot.

How can I fix this behaviour while testing dhcpcd?

--
"Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of
thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible,