LFS 5.0 - dhcpcd failing

Allard Welter allard at nospam.nl
Sat Feb 7 16:11:31 PST 2004

On Sunday 08 February 2004 00:45, Albert wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
> <snip>
>
> >  In that case, your first priority should be to get the correct
> >  driver!
>
> <snip>
>
> Hi, Ken.
>
> It turns out I have a Broadcom bcm4401 chip.  I downloaded the only
> linux driver from their site and the compile failed.  I think I'm
> screwed.  It's probably a linux  question, rather than a BLFS question
> but here is the output, if anything obvious catches your eye.  Any help
> is greatly appreciated.  Both Dell and Broadcom are practically
> unreachable.
>   root:/usr/src/bcm4400-3.0.7/src# make CC=/opt/gcc-2.95.3/bin/gcc
> /opt/gcc-2.95.3/bin/gcc
> gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DDBG=0 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -I/usr/
> src/linux/include   -c -o b44um.o b44um.c
> In file included from /usr/include/linux/prefetch.h:13,
>                  from /usr/include/linux/list.h:6,
>                  from /usr/include/linux/module.h:12,
>                  from b44mm.h:33,
>                  from b44um.c:57:
> /usr/include/asm/processor.h:56: error: `CONFIG_X86_L1_CACHE_SHIFT'
> undeclared here (not in a function)
> /usr/include/asm/processor.h:56: error: requested alignment is not a
> constant

Besides the O6 optimization level which I think a bit excessive, the files
being included are not the ones being asked for in the makefile. If you
haven't updated your kernel they should be the same, however, if you are
running a different kernel to the one glibc was compiled against you need to
either edit the makefile to point to the headers of the kernel you're
currently using, or symlink/rename the kernel sources to what the makefile is
asking for (/usr/src/linux - note, they do not specify a version). I wouldn't
give up that easily if I were you.

Regards - Allard.

<rest cut>

allard at quicknet.nl